Sunday, January 31, 2010

February 1

There are a few important things happening on February 1.

First of all, it marks the first day of training for the April half-marathon:
It's actually 12 weeks long, and I think I'll probably use the McMillan running calculator (there's music so turn the volume down...unless you're looking for some good tunes!) for my pacing so I can aim to break two hours on the half-marathon. I used the SmartCoach tool on the Runner's World site for the schedule above (you need to be a member to do use it).

Here's the pacing plan the McMillan running calculator spit out for me:
Thank you to Meghann for directing me to this site! Meghann is going to be in New York for the Gridiron Classic 4M race next weekend - that's the next thing February 1 marks, the entrance into the month of my first race of 2009! I'm looking forward to meeting Meghann and some fellow runners!

Another big February 1 occurrence is ...

You guessed it, my rent check is due. Ugh, I hate the first of the month!!!

Oh yeah, and there is just one other little thing...
Yup - the Chicago marathon opens the floodgates for registration. And none other than Yours Truly will be registering. Yikes! My friend Christina will be registering too - yay!

Why the Chicago marathon you ask? Well, there are a few reasons:
  1. I've never been to Chicago and I keep hearing I'd love it. I'm looking forward to actually going and seeing the city, and I think the marathon would give me the perfect excuse to go out there.
  2. It's on 10/10/10. How cool is that?!
  3. It's four days after my 26th birthday. So no, I won't be getting too crazy on my actual birthday, but what a celebration I'll have afterward! Woo! And there's something that I like about running my first 26.2 mile race at the age of 26. Weird? Cool? I don't know, I like the idea of it.
I think that pretty much sums it up. I was going between the Marine Corps marathon and the Chicago marathon, and even though it would be kind of easier to run the Marine Corps marathon in DC since my family lives there and everything, I just really want to go to Chicago! So Chicago it is. I'll report back after I actually register!

No comments:

Post a Comment