Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 15 - Ready or not...

It's here...RACE WEEK!

Last week I only ran...no strength, no cross training, just running (sadly, all on the treadmill). The marathon is only six days away. I have two more runs to get done before Sunday - and they shouldn't be tough at all: 6 x 400m to keep leg turnover quick, and a 3 mile run at marathon pace (which I may save for when I arrive in Paris).

Here's a look at last week's workouts:

Tempo:
2 miles warm up, 3 miles at an 8:00 pace, 1 mile cool down. Legs felt good, even when I thought they'd feed like total lead. I told myself I could take a break during the tempo miles, but ended up not needing any breaks! This was the first run where I wore my new marathon shoes (I know, should have worn them the week before if not earlier!) so they felt a little weird - one shoe felt tight, the other felt perfect. They felt better by the end, and two more runs later, they feel MUCH better.
Old and new!
Speed:
1 mile warm up, 5 x 1000m at 8.2mph with 400m rests, 1 mi cool down. Great run! Pretty unmemorable, but it felt good, went well, and legs felt great!

Long:
8 miles! I went back and forth about running outside or running inside. It rained all day Saturday and rain was threatening on Sunday. I had a million errands to run on Sunday (including DSW for cute Paris shoes, Jack Rabbit for gels, Lululemon for a marathon top!) and by the time I was done, it was 5pm and thunderstorms were predicted, so I took it inside. Not ideal at all, but I figured it was better than risking illness. Plus it was windy, cold, and rainy! Of course, now rain is predicted on April 6 in Paris, so maybe it would've been good practice ;)

That's it guys...as they say, the hay is in the barn. I've put in the work. Nothing I do between now and Sunday is going to make me any faster. I'm going to focus on eating well, sleeping a lot, and finishing all the errands I have before I go (laundry is on the list for tomorrow!).

So what are my goals? I'm hoping for a 3:40, but I will be SUPER happy with a PR. My current PR is 3:47:40 from the 2012 Chicago Marathon, something I did not know was possible based on my training. This training cycle, I've been running a lot faster, so a PR is possible!

While a PR would be awesome, but I know that there are a lot of things working against me: a plane ride, jet lag, possible dehydration (planes are dehydrating by nature)...but I've got weapons to fight these! I'll bring a water bottle (and Nuun!), wear compression socks, and try to get right on track with sleeping as soon as I get on the plane.

I'm not bringing my computer to Paris, but follow me on Twitter and Instagram for my Paris adventures! And please send me fast thoughts on Sunday, April 6 - I need them! :)

1 comment:

  1. In addition, the actual tachymeter size may be cartier replica uk therefore right now this "follows" the actual curved form of the actual call the actual numbers had been hublot replica uk about the prior edition. 1 last stage concerning the bezel prior to moving forward is actually it's a single item keeping the actual very in position about the center situation, that aids in rolex replica sale. Because earlier mentioned, the actual automated calibre 4130 continues to be the actual motor which hard disks the actual rolex replica sale Cosmograph Daytona. Nevertheless, the actual motion that formerly featured becoming rolex replica has become additionally Rolex Superlative Chronometer Licensed. For that report, Rolex is not thinking about departing COSC, because they would like to maintain this being an exterior, impartial accreditation. Their own replica watches accreditation demands -2/+2 2nd precision score although, that is becoming put on brand new Rolex wrist watches.

    ReplyDelete