Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Week 7: 5 miles

It finally happened...I got sick. I knew it would happen eventually, what with all the running around, late nights at work, exercise classes, and everything else! Monday I went to AKT IN MOTION, Tuesday I did not work out, and Wednesday morning I woke up with a little bit of a sore throat. I debated going for a run, but after putting it out to Twitter that I felt crappy, I followed Ashley and Beth's advice and went back to bed. I stayed home that day, sleeping, drinking tea and OJ, and eating soup. I got a ton of sleep over those two days, which was great, and on Friday I stuck to my schedule and hit up Uplift, thinking a workout might help me feel better.

Honestly, I look back now and feel like it was probably not the right decision to go. I was glad to sweat, but I had SUCH a hard time with the weights and felt like death for much of the workout. Despite that, I am proud that I didn't push too hard, listened to my body when it told me to ease up, and survived the class!

Saturday Dan and I did some shopping in Soho, so I got a good amount of walking in. Being outside actually made me feel a lot better! Sunday I was feeling daring, so I hit up the gym. I told myself I'd see how three miles was - I ended up running 5 miles, and felt pretty good during it! No, it wasn't my prescribed pace or distance, but I also just needed to make sure I could still do it. I followed it up with a quickie strength workout (biceps, triceps, back, squats, lunges, and planks), which was also good.

This week I'm still not 100%, but I am getting there. I am going to attempt a run tonight (probably my tempo run) and aim to get back on my training plan as soon as I can. Being sick last week reminded me that I need to slow down sometimes, take care of myself, and most importantly, LISTEN to my body. We all get sick, and as much as I wanted to go out and run and see what I could do, I knew I should chill out, sleep, relax, and heal up. It would be FAR WORSE to be sick closer to race day. Nine weeks out, I can deal with it, and come back even stronger than before!

At least, that's my plan.

I had three workouts last week, which ain't bad for being sick!

This week's plan:
Monday: Off - check!
Tuesday: Run
Wednesday: Spin class at Studio 360
Thursday: Run
Friday: RIP Ride at Revolve
Saturday: Run
Sunday: Candlelit Flow at Yoga Vida

Fingers crossed on fully kicking this cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment