Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's official...

I CAN RUN AGAIN!!! I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me the OK to run again. He did a little poking, prodding, and told me to get back to it! YAY! When he told me I asked him, "Are you kidding? Are you serious? How do you know?" I just really couldn't believe it. He said the bone was less sore and it was looking good! And I have to say, the past couple days my leg has been especially pain-free. I am PUMPED!

Of course, after that I went to get a vaccine and ended up fainting at the doctor's office (I have needle-phobia). So I haven't yet given running a try. When I do, though I'll be sure to let you know how it goes! I'm going to go slow of course, and not go very far to begin with, but at least I can get back to it!

This time has also gotten me thinking about doing a triathlon one day. Yeah, I only went swimming once in these two months, but I liked it and I think I'll try to make it a more regular part of my routine. And I can tear it up on the bike now. I think it's good to have a few different cross training exercises available for non-running days -- I used to just do the elliptical, but I couldn't really do it while I was injured; I used to think I hated the bike, but it's actually a great way to read while working out!

The next thing I need is a getting-back-to-it training schedule. I know I should start slow, build mileage gradually, not run much, but I wonder if there's a plan for that somewhere?

That's it for now. I'm back!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! So excited for you! I'm up for a triathalon...

    ReplyDelete